We’re getting ready for our Youth Mission Trip 2019!
To secure your spot, submit application & nonrefundable $50 deposit NOW.
We are going with Youthworks to serve the Native American community on a reservation in South Dakota. We have space for 20 participants. Your friends and parents are also welcome!
When: Sunday-Friday, July 7-12 (we may add a day at the end of the trip)
Where: Lake Traverse, SD (3.75 hr drive)
Who: Students who have completed 6-12th grade by June 2019
What: Learn about Dakota history & culture, serve the community, & help local kids learn about Jesus
What will we be doing?
- Serve through painting, cleaning, helping with yard work or other simple work projects
- Partner with local assisted living homes
- Plan & lead children’s programming, including Bible lessons, games, crafts & reading activities
How do I sign up?
- Print & complete application form and return to Ms. Amy.
- Include $50 nonrefundable deposit (make checks payable to Redeemer Covenant Church)
- The total cost for the trip is $350 per person which can be fund-raised by individual & group fundraisers
- Students and parents are eligible to register (maximum one parent per student)
Deadlines to remember:
- NOW: Application & $50 nonrefundable deposit is due to Ms. Amy
- Sun., Jan. 27, 2019: Mid-payment of $100 is due
- Sun., April 28, 2019: Remaining balance of $200 is due
What else do I need to know?
- Mission trip participants are expected to participate in fundraisers and at least 4 team meetings to prepare for the trip, beginning in winter of 2019.
- Students will receive assistance to write a prayer letter as part of their trip preparation.
- The Craft & Bake Sale is our #1 fundraiser for the year. We sell concessions, invite external vendors, and students also have the opportunity to sell their own baked goods, artwork and handicrafts. Last year we raised over $5K. So read the student/parent info, save the date, & come participate: Craft & Bake Sale, Dec 1-2, 2018
Still have questions? Contact Ms. Amy