Sunday, Jan. 24 | 2 services at 9:15 & 11 a.m.
In-Person & Facebook Live
Invite your friends and neighbors to gather with us for worship in the Redeemer sanctuary. We’ll praise God through various styles of music, and we always have a message from the Bible. We continue our current teaching series about how to get our priorities straight in the new year. We will learn how to pay attention to God’s plans and ask him to help us put “First Things First.”
Masks are required for all those over age 5 (barring medical exceptions) and social distancing protocols will be practiced.
- 8:30 a.m. Prayer meeting | Youth Room
- 9:15 a.m. Worship Service | with traditional-style music, led by Krista Riedel
- NEW: 10:15-11 a.m. Youth Hang Time | Coffee & a Devo | Youth Room
- 11 a.m. Worship Service | with contemporary-style music, led by Lars Carlson & Worship Team
- Study materials on “Loving God” available at your convenience | Resources for Growing Together
Online options also available
- The worship service will be available on Facebook to view live or afterward
- Sermon audio is available on demand early each week after Sunday’s service
Redeemer Kids Ministry during Sunday Services
- For birth-age 5: Family tables in the back of the sanctuary allow for kid-friendly social distancing during worship services, sanitized after each use. The Good Shepherd Room offers a livestream of the service for families with active PreK-age children. Family tables in the room encourage social distancing by family. Parents supervise their own kids and must be masked.
- For elementary ages: Bible Blast meets in the Mountains Room during the sermon. We are using masks and social distancing and carpet squares to create designated seating. Volunteer led. We are including a children’s message during every service! Kids can participate in person or via livestream.
- We are emailing a weekly Bible Blast @ Home! lesson every Wednesday for families who choose to stream. It includes a video lesson, Bible verse, activity and coloring page.
- Follow us on our Events page and on Facebook & Instagram
- Keep up with our property improvement project through updates and photos | Building Campaign
- 2021 Week of Prayer | January 17-23 | Daily readings by email and 7 p.m. nightly prayer by Zoom | More details
Events that meet regularly:
- Twice-monthly Zoom Bible Study | 1st & 3rd Thursdays, 10 a.m. | Meeting by Zoom
- Monthly Prayer Raid! | 1st Wednesday each month, 1 p.m. | Meeting by Zoom
- Weekly Men’s Prayer | Tuesdays, 6:30 a.m. | Read more
- Weekly Men’s Breakfast | Wednesdays, 7:30 a.m. | Read more
- Confirmation for 7th & 8th graders | Wednesdays, 6:30 p.m. | via Zoom
- Youth Group | Thursdays, 6:30-8 p.m. | Meeting in Youth Room
- Monthly GPS: Grandparents Prayer & Share | 2nd Monday each month, 10 a.m. | Meeting by Zoom
This year we are learning together about “Christ’s Compelling Love” and how it motivates us to love God, self, and others. Rather than traditional adult Sunday classes, various resources are available for individual or group study. Read more details >>
About 100 people are currently involved in Community Groups at Redeemer which provide a great avenue for fellowship, learning, serving, and sharing life together. If you’re already in a group, you can choose to stay in that group. If you’re new to Community Groups, you can join with friends or meet new folks. Talk with Rob Schwanz about various times, locations, and meeting formats (in-person or online) then choose a group that’s best for you.
Stay in Touch
1. Support ministry at Redeemer:
- When donating to the 2020 property improvement project, indicate “Building Campaign” with your gift | Learn more
- Donate now Login | Learn how to give online
- Donate by texting the word GIVE to 612-808-0145 | Learn how to give by text
- Donate by drop-off or mail donation (check or money order) to the office: 7801 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
- Contact the office if you’d like to volunteer in any ministry
2. Resources for connection with Redeemer:
- Contact Us – call or email Redeemer
- Encouragement, chat together, announcements: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Text @7801fam to 81010 | We’ll send messages to connect, inspire and inform.
- COVID-19 Updates | Read Redeemer’s Response
- George Floyd Response | Read Pastor Ben’s Letter
3. Online Resources from our denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church:
- Jan 2021: A Call for Peace & Unity | Evangelical Covenant Church
- May 2020: George Floyd Response | Northwest Conference Response | Evangelical Covenant Church Response
- CovChurch NOW for a monthly update from our denomination
- Covenant Home Altar daily devotional guide, currently free
- Racial Righteousness Webinar with Paul Robinson | On Demand: Watch anytime | Paul Robinson is the Executive Minister of Love Justice, Do Mercy, a mission priority of the Evangelical Covenant Church. During this one-hour Northwest Conference webinar, Paul helps church leaders think through the impact of the death of George Floyd on the world. This webinar discusses the roots of racial injustice in Minnesota. Included are practical steps for moving forward, both for individuals and churches.