Sunday, August 16 | Come worship with us!
> 9:30 a.m. In-Person Traditional-style Worship Service | Sanctuary
Invite your friends and neighbors as we gather in-person for this worship service that includes a traditional style of music. We’ll practice appropriate social distancing and other safety protocols. We’ll bring our praises to God, listen to a message from the Bible, and open ourselves to the work of the Holy Spirit. We’ll continue our sermon series titled “Meeting Jesus: Encounters That Transform Lives.”
IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the statewide mandate for the wearing of face masks in indoor public spaces, we will be requiring masks for all persons entering the building, with the exception of children under the age of 6 and those who are unable to wear a mask due to health reasons. Those with health issues are strongly encouraged to wear a plastic face shield. Those without masks should be particularly diligent in finding their seats upon entering the building, and our ushers will make every effort to provide additional distancing around anyone who is unmasked. As provided in the state mandate, those individuals leading from the platform will be unmasked during their time of service.
Online options also available:
- We plan to have the 9:30 a.m. service available on Facebook Live
- Sermon audio will be available early in the week on the website
- Dial-a-Sermon: call in to hear a recording of last week’s sermon
1. Dial 978-990-5097
2. Access code: 2427186 followed by # – then press # again for most recent recording
> 10:30 a.m. Zoom Contemporary-style Worship Service | Link in church email
Come praise God with us as we learn from his Word and share prayer time together. We’ll continue our sermon series titled “Meeting Jesus: Encounters That Transform Lives.”
- Weekly Golf on Tuesdays | Read more
- Weekly Men’s Breakfast on Wednesdays | Read more
- Weekly Girls Zoom Study on Wednesdays | 10 a.m.
- Together let’s explore God’s heart for race & justice | Email Amy Long to get Zoom link | Read more
- Wed, Aug. 19, 6:30 p.m. via Zoom | Just Faith and film “Just Mercy”
- The Great Redeemer Get-Together | Drive-In Worship Concert | Fri, Aug. 21, 7 p.m.
- All-Church Cleanup and Landscape Mornings | 9 am on Fri & Sat, Aug. 21-22
- Congregational Vote on proposed property improvement plan | Sun, Aug. 30, 6:30 p.m. | Read more
- Questions: Bill Phillips or Rob Schwanz
- See display in west entrance window of church building
- Prayer Raid! | Wed, Sep. 2, 1 p.m. | Meeting by Zoom
Explore these ways to stay in touch:
1. Online Resources for worship & connection:
- Recorded Sermons available On Demand on our sermons website page
- Text @7801fam to 81010 | We’ll send messages to connect, inspire and inform.
- Past Zoom services and classes | Contact the office to request access to recordings, including the April 19 Zoom recording and PowerPoint presentation by the Community Action Team
- COVID-19 Updates | Read Redeemer’s Response
- George Floyd Response | Read Pastor Ben’s Letter | Northwest Conference Response | Evangelical Covenant Church Response
2. Online Tools for engaging with Redeemer:
- Contact Us – call or email Redeemer
- Encouragement, chat together, announcements: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Donate now | Learn how to give online
- Donate by texting the word GIVE to 612-808-0145 | Learn how to give by text
- Donate by drop-off or mail donation (check or money order) to the office: 7801 Brooklyn Blvd, Brooklyn Park, MN 55445
3. Online Resources from our denomination, the Evangelical Covenant Church:
- CovChurch NOW for a monthly update
- Covenant Home Altar daily devotional guide, currently free
- Racial Righteousness Webinar with Paul Robinson | On Demand: Watch anytime
Paul Robinson is the Executive Minister of Love Justice, Do Mercy, a mission priority of the Evangelical Covenant Church. During this Northwest Conference webinar, Paul helps church leaders think through the impact of the death of George Floyd on the world. This webinar discusses the roots of racial injustice in Minnesota. Included are practical steps for moving forward, both for individuals and churches. Contact Ms. Amy if you’re interested in scheduling a watch party and discussion. This webinar is one hour.