Valuing the Kids
To learn more about children’s activities at Redeemer, contact our Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministry Ms. Amy Long.
Children are loved at Redeemer!
That’s why we design meaningful, fun activities for each age group that focus on teaching biblical truths while building healthy connections. Your kids will be comfortable as caring volunteers keep them busy! From classes on Sundays, to Redeemer Kids Club on Wednesdays, to regular social events, to chances to serve others, Redeemer kids are learning to let God into every part of their lives.
Snapshot of Summer Activities for Kids
Redeemer Kids Calendar to download/print
Kickin’ Kids Soccer Camp | Register online
- Tues & Thur eves, June 11-July 2
- Ages 3-5 years meet 5:30-6 p.m. and ages 6-10 years meet 6-7 p.m.
- Learn more
Covenant Pines Bible Camp
- June 8-10 | Kids Camp 1
- June 17-22 | Trailblazer 1
- July 1-3 | Kids Camp 2
VBS on a Stick: Kingdom Kids State Fair! | July 29-Aug 1, 9-11:30 a.m.
Discover the fruits of the Spirit through art, music, games, snacks, and more! For children entering K-5th grade. Cost: $5/student | Register online now
Pre-K Snacks with Sue | Friday, August 9, 10 a.m. (45 minutes)
Come make and eat fun, healthy snacks! For ages 2-5. Suggested Donation: $3/child
Free Summer Activities for Families
Playdates | Thursdays, 9:30-Noon
Join us for playdates out and about the NW Metro! Great for grandkids too!
- June 27—Andrews Park, Champlin
- July 11—Bohanon Park, Minneapolis
- August 15—North Mississippi Regional Park, Minneapolis
Seeds Family Worship: Trust Jesus Tour | Sunday, July 21, 6:30 p.m.
- FREE worship event at Buffalo Covenant Church (1601 MN 25, Buffalo)
- www.seedsfamilyworship.com | Contact Ms. Amy to carpool.
All-Church Corn Boil | Wednesday, August 21, 6-8:30 p.m.
Annual picnic dinner on the church lawn with all-you-can-eat fresh corn-on-the-cob, bounce houses, and more! FREE!
Where in the World is Flat Jesus?
FLAT JESUS was created as a way for God’s people to spread the word of Jesus and to stay connected with each other through this busy summer season. Take FLAT JESUS when out to dinner, to a ball game, in the garden, at the park, fishing, to the beach, in the car on a road trip, on the airplane, or just hanging out with your friends. Take pictures with friends or family and see how many places we can take FLAT JESUS with us this summer and fall, and spread His word! Here are the instructions:
1. Pick up a FLAT JESUS sheet at church this Sunday and color/cut it out—or print your own
2. Return it to Ms. Amy with your name on it, and we’ll laminate it for you
3. Take FLAT JESUS with you wherever you go this summer and snap a selfie or a pic of Jesus out in the sun with you!
4. Post your picture to Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #FlatJesus (or send it to Ms. Amy)
5. Have fun and remember that Jesus is always with you!
We love Bible Camp! | www.covenantpines.org
2019 Summer Camp Scholarships | It’s time to start planning for camp! The cost of a week at Covenant Pines averages about $400, and partial scholarships are available to students who are active participants here at Redeemer. 2019 Camp Scholarship Applications are now available and will be due no later than Jan. 16, 2019. Each application requires a $75 deposit. For questions or more information, contact Ms. Amy Long.
Cov Pines Camp Updates:
- Kids Camp is now for students entering grades 2-4. Students entering grade 4 can choose whether to go to Kids Camp (2 nights & 3 days) or Trailblazers (5 nights & 6 days). There are 3 Kids Camp sessions to choose from.
- Junior High is now for students entering grades 6-8. Students entering 6th grade can choose between Trailblazers and Junior High. Students entering 9th grade will have the opportunity to attend one of the Senior High sessions.
- Junior Staff: All Leaders in Training (LIT) sessions are now just one week instead of two. The cost of each session is $120.
Nurturing Your Family’s Faith
For Use at Home | Here are some great resources for parents and grandparents:
Missional Moms | 1st & 3rd Thursdays during school year | 9:30-11 a.m.
Join us Thursday mornings for prayer and fellowship or join our Facebook group for online encouragement. Connect with Kathy Turgeon for more information.