Filling the Gap
Community Life Ministry – Teams of volunteers are always welcomed to help with the many things we do outside of worship services to build community and the family feeling at Redeemer: The Chili Cook-off, The Amazing Place events, Corn Boil, Goliath Challenge, picnics and bike rides, Chuck wagon lunch, Women’s Christmas Banquet, etc.
Hospitality Ministry – Teams serve in the following areas: a month at a time as greeters and ushers; on a rotating schedule one Sunday each month to make coffee and set up/clean up; one Friday each month to collate bulletins and newsletters. The Kitchen Use & Care Team keeps order throughout the year in our much-used church kitchen.
Adult Formation Ministry – We need teachers for Education Hour Sunday classes, leaders for small groups, facilitators for book studies, Taste of the South dinner team members, and Taste of Africa dinner team members. Church Librarians help library patrons at the desk on Sundays between services.
Children’s & Family Ministry – Many teams of volunteers are needed to grow this ministry to children and families through outreach and special events:
- Nursery workers – Sundays: rotating basis or substitute; Missional Moms: 1st and 3rd Thursdays 9:30-11 am; Wednesdays: birth-age 5 children of volunteers
- Redeemer Kids Club volunteers – During the school year – Wednesdays, 6:30-8 pm. Group leaders for K-5th grades. Also need donations of healthy snacks (no chips or cookies)
- Bible Blast teachers – Program for kids during Sunday worship services
- Sticky Church, Service & Mission – GO: Serve; Feed My Starving Children, Operation Christmas Child
- Park Buddies – Homework help program at Park Haven apartments
- Kickin’ Kids Soccer – June/July – Whatever skill you have, come help out with coaching, devos, sideline hospitality, and follow-up
- Vacation Bible School – Annual four days in July or August for kids ages 4-11 to have fun while learning about God’s love
- BeYOUtiful Praise Dance Team leaders/dancers
Justice & Multicultural Ministry – anti-trafficking work
Youth Ministry – Team members oversee Education Hour, confirmation, events like CHIC and MUUUCE, community gatherings, retreats, camp, and service projects
Care Ministry – Teams lovingly care for those going through difficult life transition times: illness visitation, funeral and grief care
- Visitation Ministry Team – Provide encouragement and support to those who are ill, hospitalized, or confined to home or nursing home
- Prayer Ministry – Prayer Warriors who actively support members and friends requesting prayer during difficult situations
- Stephen Ministry – Trained lay people use their gifts to share Christ’s healing love with those who are hurting
- Funeral Teams – Serving a grieving family in a loving and caring way to provide luncheon following the funeral at Redeemer
- Blessings Bags – Providing supplies and assembling bags for those going through a hard time, several times a year
- Blood Pressure Checks – Monthly by Redeemer’s nurses
Worship Ministry – Teams do music planning for all ages, fine arts, Sunday services, drama, church decorating
- Sound Board Personnel for Worship Services – No experience required. Training provided
- Video Projection Help during Worship Services – Computer experience required. Training and support provided
- Choir and Worship Band – Lead through music on Sundays, concerts, children’s programs
Trustee Ministry – Stewardship of finances, property, Information Technology
- Building and Grounds Ministry Team – Event set up and clean up, landscaping and maintenance, building repairs and maintenance, vehicle repair and maintenance, building security and painting
…in the COMMUNITY
Missions Local Ministry – Many teams work together in our community to express compassion to our neighbors:
- Second Harvest – Free food distribution every fourth Friday of each month
- Families Moving Forward – Several times a year host families for meals/overnight at Redeemer
- Free Bikes for Kidz – helping to repair and refurbish bikes for an annual giveaway
- Zanewood Community School Supplies – Some students in our adopted school, Zanewood Community School, are unable to buy their own supplies and winter outerwear. Bring donations to church and put in designated containers.
- ELL tutors during the school year – Training for tutors is available
- AVA – Supporting Advocacy for Victims of Abuse
…in the WORLD
Missions Global Ministry – This team of volunteers have a passion for supporting missionaries, youth/adult short-term mission trips, and communication of what God is doing through Redeemer-supported missions
Operation Christmas Child – A shoe box full of gifts for kids around the globe! Throughout the year, stock up on items to put in your Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes each Christmas season.
Feed My Starving Children – Regular opportunities to work as a church group packaging food for overseas.