Summarizing Our Core Beliefs
Everything we do at Redeemer is based on this foundation. We believe in:
- The centrality of the Scriptures
The Bible is the Word of God and the only perfect guide for faith, doctrine, and conduct.
- The necessity of new birth
Every individual must personally respond to the invitation of Jesus Christ.
- A commitment to the whole mission of the Church
The lifelong process of growth in the Christian life, demonstrated by loving God and loving our neighbors, should result in introducing others to God.
- The Church as a fellowship of believers
The Church is not an organization or a building, but a community of regular people learning together to live like Jesus. We hold to and observe the sacraments of baptism and Holy Communion.
- A conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit
Helping us to obey Christ and become more like him, the Holy Spirit enriches our lives as individuals and provides special gifts for use in spreading the message of the Bible.
- The reality of freedom in Christ
While we believe the biblical and historical record sometimes allows for various interpretations, we emphasize what unites us in Christ.
Guiding our Relationships
As a congregation, we have adopted these Holy Manners to live by:
- Listen to each other and hold private information in confidence. James 1:19, Proverbs 11:13
- From a Biblical base of truth, deal directly with each other. Ephesians 4:15-16, Matthew 18:15
- Always be gentle with others and seeks ways to build up. Ephesians 4:29, Galatians 6:1
- Use words and actions to care for others and not judge. James 5:9, Romans 2:1
- Choose a humble temperament that is willing to share our own weaknesses and failures, and is ready to forgive others. James 5:9, Luke 6:38
- Participate freely in the Body of Christ, praying for one another and using your gifts and talents to God’s glory. James 5:16, Matthew 10:8
Colossians 3:12 & 17: “As God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience…. And whatsoever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.”
Striving to Fulfill our Purpose
As a church, we are committed to this six-point mission statement:
Reaching pre-Christians. “Go and make disciples….”
This is our responsibility to help fulfill the Great Commission. Our focus in education is to prepare us to tell the story of our redemption to others.
Exalting God. “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.”
We love God with all our heart by worshipping him joyfully. We worship God with lives that honor him.
Developing believers. “Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
To become more like Christ is our goal and we accept it as a lifelong pursuit.
Experiencing community. “Love your neighbor as yourself.”
Living in community is more than a weekly gathering; it is a heart commitment to see God’s grace, love, mercy and forgiveness in his followers.
Equipping for missions. “Go and make disciples of all nations….”
We recognize the importance of going into the world that is increasingly distant from the values and views of God and his Word.
Maturing our leaders. “Teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
As people become more mature in their faith, they will then be qualified to teach others. Recognizing and developing leaders is a part of our discipleship process.