Elders Ministry Area
Statement of Purpose: Elders are responsible for prayerfully nurturing the spiritual health of the local church and offering spiritual accountability and care to the Ministry Staff, Leadership Team, Ministry Teams and congregation.
Contact: Senior Elder Mark Turgeon or Email Elders as a group
Leadership Structure: Redeemer Covenant Church has two bodies of lay leaders with unique and significant areas of leadership: 1) the Elder Board and 2) the Leadership Team.
Elder Board members serve for a term of three years. Future Elders are nominated by the current Elders and elected by the congregation. Elders are tasked with the care and nurture of the leadership and church as a whole. Areas of activity and responsibility include:
- Prayer ministry – Prayer Raid, Sunday mornings before services
- Communion – preparation and serving first Sunday of each month
- Care – serving with the Care Ministry Teams in visitation and prayer
- Membership – review applicants, new membership class, review transfer requests
- Confirmation Sunday – participate in service of recognition and reception
Leadership Team members oversee the welfare of the church body and staff in terms of Ministry Areas and the business decisions. Members are elected to a two-year term by the congregation, with the option to run for a second two-year term. Contact: Church Chair Bill Phillips or Email Leadership Team as a group